Tuesday, September 26, 2006

catch up

From Linda May/June 22/4/06

Some of you may know that my family has recently become the proud owners of a boat. Yes we are fisher folk! My husband is over the moon and it’s fabulous to see my fella’s so enthusiastic! It’s certainly taken our family time to whole new level. I’ve hardly had to bait a hook yet! Don’t they look after me!
There isn’t a lot of fish being caught that is edible and each time we venture out and return empty handed the price per kilo of the fish we’ll eventually catch goes higher and higher; but how can you put a price on the precious time with our boys?
In the blink of an eye they’ll be grown and have families of their own.
I’m scrap booking those early years at the moment from when they were babes and fresh into our hearts. I get a little misty eyed and wish I could go back and blow one more raspberry on a little round tummy!
I sit in our little boat and listen to them talking to their Dad and learning of all the things they need to know to be men. It’s a lovely peaceful time to sit and reflect on where we’re going and we’re we’ve been. I’m taking lots of photos and even keeping a little journal of these times. That’s what scrap booking means to me! Taking a small slice or glimpse of your life at a particular time and recording it in all its richness so that in years to come you can instantly be back there and savor the moment!
Maybe I can exaggerate the size of the fish just a little!
Ta Ta for Now
Linda

No comments: