Saturday, March 22, 2008

What's been happening with us...

Its our anniversary tomorrow. Twenty three years on the twenty third of March. No big celebrations or gifts. Just out to dinner to mark the occasion. I was hustling the boys out of the house (They are gathering with a group of like minded computer Nerds to play games all night!) when jake asked "why are you trying to get rid of us?"
"It's our anniversary, and your Dad and i want to play hidey/chasey, maybe even in the nude!"
Jake was holding Stuart the cat at the time went:
"Eeeew! When i tell you to run Stu, RUN! And don't look back!"
I'll file that away until he's celebrating an anniversary.
I have a LOOOOOng memory!


I had my mobile phone in my apron pocket at work the other day. I dashed to the loo and while seated the phone beeped to say I had a voicemail. "Why not?" I thought and quickly dialed the number to check who was after me. Unfortunately it was the first time I'd checked voicemail and I hadn't registered yet. I'm not very savvy with this sort of thing and thought if I hang up I'm not sure how to get back to it again!
So I sat there working through the prompts, recording my name and a message. If you ever call my phone there's a delighful echo to my message. Thank heavens no one came into the loo while I was there...they would have heard:-
"Hi this is Linda, sorry I missed you. Leave a message so I can get back to you later. Don't forget to press the hash key! Bye!

I've just put the finishing touch to a layout I'm entering into a competition. I feel very proud of it! This weekend we've been close to home and I have got so much done! Its a good feeling to be on top of my classes. A few more in the next few days and I'm up to date.
The layout i've finished is one of Russ and I. I wrote a little acknowledgement of my love for him and put it in journalling strips on the page. Just beautiful. X