Sunday, March 2, 2008

Newsletter for January/February

Have you ever been into Daisy chain and watched Barbi in action!
It’s easy to watch and see only that she’s busy on the phone or on the computer (or as all our husbands think, sitting and having another coffee chat at the morning tea table with all her staff! )
We don’t see unless we look closely the true magic of daisy’s, and why she has created a safe place for you to rest your burdens for a while.
I have watched Barbi quietly comfort recently bereaved with the warmest of hugs as they rest they’re worries against her shoulder. I watched her give abundantly more than is expected to the people who come to our counter that do good works in the community. I’ve watched her remember not just names, but the stories of people from near and far who come back to us again and again and each time are welcomed “home” with food and drink. I’ve known the amount of work on her plate and still been astounded when the home baking arrives! Does she sleep? I’ve watched her show the most amazing grace to people, who may not deserve it, (and she’s taught me not to judge)
I used to be frustrated at the “jumble sale” that is our third table at Daisy’s and the office/dumpster that is our “behind the scenes”. But now I know why! You can’t be tidying when you are ministering! (It’s our job to tidy) When I find a little pile of papers and tools and scraps in a corner I know that Barbi has just given a demo to someone, its probably after shop closing time, they probably bought the product somewhere else and have no clue how to use it, they may not even be grateful, or quite arrogantly announce they can get it cheaper somewhere else! Does this deter our barbi?
No way!
I’m happy to be able to come along behind and tidy and straighten; finish and put away because the whole time I’m remembering that someone has probably been helped, guided, advised, comforted, nurtured, encouraged, reassured, or just taught a skill.
Barbi is my role model on how to be, and my mentor on how to work. I can only wish that we all get this kind of boss, who has her priorities exactly right!
Bless you Barbi! X

No comments: