Sunday, March 2, 2008

Newsletter for March/April

Of all the different kinds of kisses in the world, my favourite is a kiss on the forehead. There’s a lover’s kiss; the kiss we give our children where we try to squish them close to our hearts. We “air kiss” our girlfriends so we don’t get lipstick on their cheeks. We smooch those pudgy baby cheeks, and yes I have been know to kiss a freshly powdered baby bottom (my own babies of course)
But the kiss that hits me firmly in my heart is a kiss to the centre of my forehead. Think of the way that kiss is handled. Someone near and dear to you cups your cheek in their hand, brushes your hair to one side and plants a soft and tender kiss right where you have your worry lines. You have to close your eyes for just those few seconds and leave yourself in their hands; feeling loved and for a few moments everything stops as there is a connection between kisser and kissee.
A kiss on the forehead is a gentle kiss. It tells you that the kisser knows how busy your mind is, coping with the day to day dramas of keeping everyone happy, remembering all you need to do. I think it goes straight to your heart, recognises that you are a good person, fighting the good fight in spite of all. It’s a kiss to your spirit, a kiss of encouragement, a kiss of very tender love.
I close my little rambling today with a kiss on the forehead for you. I can see the hard work you are doing, I can see the times you struggle and wonder if it’s even noticed. Keep going, you’re on the right path and you are appreciated.

No comments: